Why join the Home Builders Association of Delaware?
It is our job to educate policy makers, making sure they understand the implications their decisions will have on our members’ livelihood, home buyers, and the economy at large. We’ll keep you informed about new and pending regulations, and act as a platform for you to voice your issues with local, state, and national legislators. This cycle we have worked on and are continuing to advocate for:
- Lowering the realty transfer tax
- Passing Ready in 6 legislation
- Stopping the warehouse moratorium in New Castle County
- Speeding up DNREC septic permitting approvals
- Extending implementation date of 2021 IECC and/or amending the code
- Keeping residential fire sprinklers optional for clients
HBADE offers FREE education opportunities on topics relevant to running your business such as legal issues, code updates, OSHA, accounting/bookkeeping, sustainability/green building, customer relations, etc. These webinars are available to both current and future HBADE members, and a catalog of the recordings is available to current members only.
Click here for the events calendar and filter by education events using the drop-down menu of categories.
Come out to our networking and social events to meet others within the industry and build professional relationships that can help you grow your business. Click here for our events calendar.
- All HBADE members are listed in our Membership Directory, available in digital and print
- HBADE hosts an annual award ceremony where we honor our members. Winning a Regal Award is an excellent addition to your marketing materials!
- HBADE offers ample opportunities to advertise your business in our Regal Book, our Membership Directory, on our website, and in eblasts to our members
- Event sponsorships and annual sponsorship packages are available for HBADE members to purchase
HBADE has a Board of Directors and several councils and committees. By serving in these positions, you have a great opportunity to represent your company, have your voice heard, steer the direction of our advocacy efforts, and build industry connections.